- Receiving recognition of your foreign certificates and diplomas is strictly necessary if you intend to start or continue your education in the Czech Republic.
- If any employer wants professional qualifications for an open position, a foreigner must produce a recognition document substantiating their qualifications.
- Regional education departments validate diplomas from primary, secondary, and college/ professional schools; Prague’s Magistrate validates them finally, and you will receive a recognition certificate shown below. You must describe the studies’ contents and scope.
- All diplomas must be translated to English if present in regional languages, notarized, and apostilled by the Ministry of external affairs in their respective countries before submission.
- Apostille and/or superlegalization prove that a document was issued or authenticated by a judicial or administrative authority of the country’s regulatory authority. Legalization verifies a document’s stamp and signature, not its contents, and legalization confirms documents’ legitimacy and eliminates forgeries.
- Usually, the original diplomas are accepted for submission, but in rare cases, a notarised true copy of the original document will also work (Subject to the agreement with the study official).
- If you want your university diploma validated, contact a Czech public university study officer with a similar approved study program or the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports.
- This process is necessary and will be carried out by the study officer contacting you for admissions with some fees. Every student will undergo this process; don’t worry; the documents will be handled safely during the entire process.
- You must read more about this at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (www.mzv.cz/jnp/cz/cestujeme/overovani_listin/index.html) or the website of the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports (www.msmt. cz/mezinarodni-vztahy/uznavani-vzdelani). You can also contact a specialized NGO recommended on the website.
SAMPLE OF RECOGNITION OF EDUCATION DOCUMENT
** Note: This Information is written as of July 2022 and contains up-to-date information. Before taking on any procedures, please make sure to closely examine the website https://www.mvcr.cz/.