- Foreigners’ Residence Unit South Bohemia Region
MOI office České Budějovice BIO
Responsibility for the České Budějovice, Prachatice and Český Krumlov districts
Pražská tř. 1257/23, 370 01 České Budějovice
Tel.: 974 801 801 (information and appointment line; Mo – Th: 8.00–16.00 and Fr: 8.00–12.00)
Opening hours: Mo, We: 8.00–17.00
Tu, Th: 8.00–12.00
Fr: 8.00–11.00 (only for clients with an appointment).
- Foreign nationals must apply for an extension of a residence card’s validity at least 90 days before it expires.
- Contact the Ministry of the Interior offices (MOI) if you wish to:
- apply for an extension of stay on a long-term visa,
- apply for a long-term residence permit or its extension,
- apply for a permanent residence permit,
- apply for a certificate of temporary residence (EU citizens),
- apply for a temporary residence permit for a family member of an EU citizen or an extension of a residence card,
- report a change in your place of residence in the Czech Republic or other changes related to your residence,
- apply for confirmation of residence in case of an address change.
- apply for a Bridge visa stamp for emergency visit purposes to a home country during the visa processing.
- The link for the application forms is given here.
- Register yourself here (https://frs.gov.cz/) and try to set an appointment for the designated purpose before 90 days of the permit card expiry.
(Example: If the date on your Residence permit card is 28/06/2022, You have to try to fix an appointment from 28/03/2022).
- The administrative fee for applying is CZK 2 500. The administrative charge is CZK 1 000 if the applicant is a minor under 15 years. Administrative fees must be paid in special stamps (‘kolek’ available at the post office ‘Ceská pošta’).
- The foreign national will be required to come in person to submit biometric data and necessary documents. In case of emergency or unavailability, these changes can be reported by someone else using a power of attorney. A power of attorney must show that it was signed specifically for this purpose, and the power of attorney signatures do not need to be notarized.
- After the process, foreign nationals will receive biometric documents. Individuals must come to the Ministry at fixed times designated by the Ministry for the further processing of data needed for this document and to collect the document within 60 days of biometric data scanning. If any of the duties aren’t completed or failed, the application process for the foreign national will be suspended.
** Note: This Information is written as of July 2022 and contains up-to-date information. Before taking on any procedures, please closely examine the website https://www.mvcr.cz/.